Kapten was launched in 2012 by three ambitious French entrepreneurs, we are now a major player within the French ride-hailing market and the best-rated app! Our company has grown a lot and we’re still expanding fast. Today, Kapten is made up of 270 employees, 15 nationalities, 22 000 driver-partners, more than 2 million clients, and a presence in the major European cities (Paris, Lyon, French Riviera, Lisbon, Geneva, London).
🚘 What drives us? Working in a challenging business environment and knowing our job has an impact on a global issue: urban mobility.
🔧👩🏼💻💡In a few words, the Kapten technical environment is :
- A multidisciplinary tech team of +70 people (Back, Front, iOS & Android, Data, QA, SRE, DBA)
- 130 microservices deployed in production
- Node.js + TypeScript, Python, Go and React as front-end framework
- Swift, Kotlin for mobile apps
- 30+ deployments a day
- MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch databases
- Fully automated CI / CD with CircleCI, Docker and Kubernetes
- Complete observability of our stack in production (ELK, Prometheus, Grafana, APMs, ...)
- High development standards: TDD, Code metrics, PeerReview, load tests
Inspired by the Spotify model, our tech team is organized in Tribes, Squads, and Guilds. All of our feature teams work in Scrum with 2-week sprints. Learn more about our tech organization here.
We’re looking for new talents to reach our ambition: becoming the European leader in urban mobility. If you think, as we do, that there’s no reason an American should take this spot… come and meet us at the Kapten booth at DotGo 2019!